At Cooper Grace Ward, we take pride in our work and have fun while we do it. Team members participate in a variety of sporting events and we have an active social club. We celebrate success and give credit where it’s due, with initiatives such as monthly excellence awards at firm wide morning teas. We value the diversity of our team members, which makes our firm stronger.
We provide flexible working arrangements for our team members to meet their family, study and sporting commitments, with around 25% of our team members taking advantage of flexible work arrangements. We also offer paid parental leave, salary continuance insurance and a broadly focused health and wellbeing strategy.
We provide competitive remuneration packages to our team members and reward people based on performance, which is measured against a balanced set of competencies, outcomes and values.
Our commitment to our team members is evidenced in our recognition by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (previously Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency) as an Employer of Choice for Women for the last four consecutive years.
Below is a snapshot of the employment benefits we offer to our team members.
- Social club: We offer membership to our firm’s active social club, which hosts events and activities throughout the year.
- Team drinks: The firm hosts team member drinks on the first Friday of every month. Drinks, pizza and nibbles are provided and the Social Club Lucky Draw is presented.
- Employee discounts: We provide access to API Lifestyle & Leisure Employee Benefits Program, which offers a range of discounted products, services and gift cards.
- Christmas stocking savings club: Payroll offers a savings facility to all team members so you can put a little away for Christmas each fortnight.
- Coles Myer gift cards: Team members are able to purchase gift cards and then repay these with deductions from their salary.
- National Seniors Australia: Team members 50 years and over can apply to join National Seniors Australia at the firm’s expense.
- Referral & placement bonus: We will pay a referral and placement bonus for successful placements for permanent full-time and part-time team member roles.
- Remote access: All team members are able to log into their CGW Outlook away from the office and complete remote access to all of our systems is available to those team members that require it.
- Dry cleaning: Dry cleaning can be left at reception for same day service at discounted corporate rates.
- Salary continuance: All permanent team members who work more than 15 hours per week are covered by the firm’s group salary continuance policy.
- Parental and elder care support: The CGW Family Support program assists you with access to Seventeen Hundred if you have parental or ageing family care responsibilities or are planning to retire.
- Superannuation: Colonial First State is the firm’s default superannuation fund. Investing with Colonial provides you with independent advice and support on superannuation investments.
- Wealth management advice: Access to a senior business financial planner who specialises in Financial Planning including strategic investment advice, superannuation (including Self-Managed Superannuation Funds) and risk protection.
Health and wellbeing
Below is a snapshot of the health and wellbeing initiatives currently enjoyed by our team members.
- Facilities for active commuters: We provide showers, lockers, hairdryers and ironing facilities to help our team members actively commute to work by running, riding or walking. Our building also provides over 200 bike racks for tenants.
- Gym membership: We provide discounted membership for all team members at Snap Fitness, conveniently located within short walking distance of the firm.
- Subsidised activities: The firm pays for team members to participate in a number of fun runs during the year, e.g. Bridge to Brisbane. The firm will also subsidise team member participation in group sporting activities.
- Access to CityCycle: Bike helmets are available at reception for team members to easily access CityCycle.
- Healthy meals: All in-house catered meals are designed to be healthy and nutritious.
- Work life balance: We take care to monitor team members who are regularly working excess hours or who have a build-up of annual leave.
- Health assessments: We offer comprehensive biannual health assessments for all partners and directors.
- Health insurance: We provide team members access to discounted medical insurance and other services.
- Massage Philosophy: We offer team members VIP membership with Massage Philosophy, which offers remedial massage and other services.
- Nutrition and healthy eating seminars and skin cancer checks are made available at work.
- Flu vaccinations: Free flu vaccinations are made available to all interested team members during work hours.
- Club Red: We support blood donation and membership of the Bone Marrow Registry through the Club Red program.