We know our people are our most important asset. We recognise that each of us is an individual with different needs and commitments, and this underpins our range of support and flexibility initiatives that have earned us recognition as an employer of choice.
Cooper Grace Ward is a leader in flexible work arrangements. We monitor the hours of work performed by team members and take steps to ensure this is consistent with a healthy work/life balance. We offer flexible work arrangements to meet the diverse career and personal aspirations of our entire team.
Currently around 40% of our team members taking advantage of flexible work arrangements to meet their family, study, sporting and other commitments.
Examples of the types of arrangements we offer include:
- staggered full-time hours, start or finish times or altered lunch breaks
- job share arrangements
- hybrid arrangements of working part-time in the office and part-time telecommuting
- ability to purchase extra annual leave to use for family responsibilities
- working casually or part-time to allow flexibility for university studies
- ‘give and take’ approach to short absences like medical appointments.
We adopt a balanced approach to developing a highly engaged team, which includes realistic chargeable hours expectations, as well as regular recognition and reward for contributions to the firm’s success.
All of our team members are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, daughters or sons. We understand the importance of family and that balancing work and family is not always easy. We also understand that there are other personal responsibilities such as study or sport that may need to be balanced with work commitments.
At Cooper Grace Ward, we:
- provide 8 weeks paid parental leave to the primary care-giver after 12 months continuous service and 12 weeks after 5 years of continuous service
- provide 2 weeks paid parental leave to the non-primary care-giver after 12 months of continuous service
- offer flexibility in the length of parental leave approved
- offer team members the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave to suit changing circumstances
- provide flexibility around university and other commitments.
Flexible arrangements are addressed on a case by case basis, as each arrangement requires careful consideration to balance personal needs and aspirations with business and client service issues. While we will make our best efforts, we cannot always guarantee all team members access to flexible arrangements.