10.00am to 12.00pm
1.00pm to 3.00pm
It is absolutely essential that employers comply with the legal obligations owed to employees. Failure to comply with employment laws can result in significant penalties for employers and individual decision makers. In the context of COVID-19, keeping up to date with changes affecting the legal obligations of employers and employees is even more difficult.
This interactive program will update employers on important changes arising from COVID-19, discuss the most common mistakes made by employers and give participants a working knowledge of employee wages and conditions to ensure legal compliance and avoid hefty penalties.
Topics for discussion include:
- recent changes to modern awards and the Fair Work Act arising from COVID-19
- complying with the National Employment Standards
- understanding key provisions in modern awards
- essential terms in contracts of employment
- understanding the need for policies and procedures
- understanding employers’ obligations with respect to employee records and payslips.
We hope that you are able to join us.
We appreciate that many businesses are under strain with the impacts of COVID-19 and that, in this environment, your investment in employment law essentials is all the more important. To show our support, we have discounted $200 off our usual ticket price of $495 (including GST) for this workshop.