The role of an executor comes with many obligations and responsibilities, and, importantly, the risk of personal liability.
As advisers, understanding the executor’s role becomes particularly important when dealing with estates that involve self-managed superannuation funds, private trusts and companies, or estate disputes.
In this webinar, we will work through scenarios to help you identify:
- generally whom you should appoint as the executor and ideal attributes
- criteria and considerations when considering accepting the role
- risks in dealing with estate assets and liabilities without a grant of probate
- when the executor will need to take on other roles in other structures
- the executor’s obligations and risks in finalising the deceased’s personal tax returns and the estate returns
- risks associated when the executor is involved in litigation
- how the executor can be paid for their work.
The webinar will be recorded, so, if you are unable to attend at the advertised time, we will send you the live recording for future viewing.