Following the decision of Workpac Pty Ltd v Rossato in 2020, employers were left with uncertainty regarding their casual workforce, with concerns of misclassification and ‘double dipping’.
On 22 March 2021, new legislation was passed that significantly amended the casual employment regime. View the full article here.
Need to know more? Our workplace relations Partners Belinda Winter and Annie Smeaton will be hosting a complimentary webinar on 30 April where they will provide employers and business managers:
- an overview of the newly introduced legislation and how it affects employers who currently engage casual employees
- clarification on when an employee will be considered a ‘casual’ and how this has changed from the previous approach
- information about the new casual conversion rules, including when it needs to be offered and considered
- an update on the ability to offset casual loadings against amounts owed for permanent entitlements
- guidance on what to do if a dispute arises.
We hope that you are able to join us.