The banking and financial services team at Cooper Grace Ward has a breadth of experience across the full spectrum of banking law advice and financing transactions, specialising in commercial lending and complex project financing matters.
In this complex arena of the law, our corporate lawyers provide legal advice that is technically sound and aligned with our clients’ overarching business objectives.
Our Brisbane-based lawyers are highly regarded in the banking law and financial services industry, regularly acting on behalf of Australia’s major banks, credit unions, financiers, originators and sub-originators. This gives us a deep knowledge of the challenges and opportunities faced within the banking and finance industry.
Our lawyers understand the competing needs of:
- being readily accessible to the bank and its customers
- responding speedily to requests
- offering smart and price-effective solutions.
Ensuring compliance and weighing up risk versus gain
The banking and financial services team at Cooper Grace Ward enjoys a national reputation for competence and consistent excellence in the delivery of its banking and finance services. This is evidenced by our team’s record of:
- Maintaining long-standing relationships (10-25 years) within the firm’s roster of banking and financial services clients
- Executing each year upwards of $2 billion in loan transactions across all eight Australian states and territories without any difficulty or issues for the banks in terms of claims, complaints, reputational harm or catastrophic loss.
Our commercial lawyers are based in Brisbane, but as we are one of the largest Queensland law firms and provide legal advice and services to clients Australia-wide, we have the ability to provide a genuine one-stop shop for banking transactions across all jurisdictions, including the provision of mortgage services on a ‘borderless’ basis.
The major banking and finance services our corporate law firm provides include:
- loan and security documentation
- land mortgage security in all Australian states and territories
- advice on the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) (PPSA)
- security documents and requirements under PPSA
- advice and documents on non-recourse lending to self-managed superannuation fund entities
- compliance issues, including documents and disclosure requirements under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) (NCCP)
- advice on Responsible Lending Doctrine under NCCP
- advice on Australian Credit Licensing regime (ACL) under NCCP
- insolvency and debt recovery
- advice and litigation relating to Australian Financial Services Licenses (AFSLs)
- syndicated lending and security transactions
- equity participation, venture capital transactions and joint venture finance
- project and asset finance.
For legal advice about a banking and finance matter, call (07) 3231 2444.