Cooper Grace Ward’s dedicated construction and infrastructure team has substantial experience in the development and management of infrastructure in a variety of sectors, including property, transport, water, energy and resources, health, education and telecommunications.
Our in-depth knowledge of infrastructure planning laws and regulations ensures smooth-running projects for our clients. We liaise with the relevant regulatory bodies (such as the Queensland Government Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning) on your behalf and ensure documentation and approvals are in order.
Cooper Grace Ward’s construction and infrastructure practice regularly acts for the full range of industry participants, including government bodies, property owners and developers, contractors and consultants.
Infrastructure project roll-call
The Cooper Grace Ward infrastructure team has extensive experience advising on the requirements of rail infrastructure, including statutory compliance with legislation, negotiation with interested parties and negotiation of compensation payments.
Our major services in this area include:
- documenting, negotiating and advising on all forms of contract relevant to infrastructure, including design and construct, EPC and EPCM, PPP, management contracts, ECI, reimbursable and target cost, alliances, consultancy/services contracts, mining services, oil and gas drilling and associated services, infrastructure development and funding agreements, operations and maintenance contracts, side deeds and direct deeds, joint venture agreements, consortium agreements and bet agreements
- business case and feasibility stage advice in selecting appropriate procurement methods
- designing, documenting and advising on tender processes
- advising on tender disputes, process contracts and probity issues
- developing and delivering training programs and preparing risk management materials and standard form documents for government and private sector clients in a variety of sectors
- litigation in state and federal courts and tribunals involving issues such as security and retention, variation and contract payment claims, and defects
- claims under Queensland and interstate legislation including the Subcontractors Charges Act 1974 (Qld), the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991 (Qld), the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (Qld) and the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW), including applications for judicial review
- risk management and compliance programs for construction sites
- planning and environment advice and appeals
- workplace relations and safety advice, documentation and litigation
- property acquisition, leasing and sales
- project structuring and taxation advice.
For legal advice on infrastructure development and management, call (07) 3231 2444