Family-owned businesses account for approximately 70 per cent of all Australian businesses and employ more than half of our country’s workforce.
Often incorrectly assumed to be ‘mum and dad’ or ‘work from home’ businesses, many of Australia’s largest and most well-known brands are highly successful family-owned businesses, including Bundaberg Brewed Drinks, FKG, Kennards Hire, Coopers Brewery, Taylors Wines and Rossi Boots.
Our team understands that families in business face different pressure points from other businesses.
At Cooper Grace Ward, our Brisbane business lawyers specialising in family businesses are well versed in the opportunities and issues that the interplay that the three systems of family, business and ownership can create.
Our experienced family business lawyers regularly travel to meet with clients and their advisers throughout Queensland and interstate to ensure high quality, personalised service.
We are proud of our involvement with Family Business Australia (FBA) (Qld Chapter) over the last eight years. Two of our lawyers in this area, Scott Hay-Bartlem and Lara Dawson, are both FBA accredited advisers.
The major services our Brisbane law firm offers for family business clients in Queensland and across Australia include:
- business succession
- stakeholder agreements
- structuring including asset protection and entity establishment
- commercial advice on, and preparation of, business contracts such as terms of trade and supply agreements
- business sales and purchases
- workplace relations and safety advice
- property advice, including property purchases, leasing and sales
- intellectual property advice and protection strategies
- compliance including trade practices and workplace health and safety compliance
- tax, duty and GST advice
- litigation and dispute resolution
- family law.
For advice on family business concerns from an experienced commercial lawyer, phone (07) 3231 2444.