Individuals and family businesses often draw on a team of professional advisers to support them throughout their journey of wealth creation, growth, protection and succession.
Cooper Grace Ward offers a comprehensive range of personal legal services for clients seeking this type of support, including family owned businesses, middle market enterprises and high net worth individuals.
Benefits you gain from working with us
Confidence in achieving the right outcomes
Our lawyers are independently recognised as experts in private client services. You can have trust in their ability to support you in your personal legal matters including estate planning, succession, family law, tax and superannuation, amongst many others.
An easy fit with your existing advisers
We are well regarded for our ability to work seamlessly with your accountants, financial planners and other professional advisers to achieve your objectives.
Peace of mind, knowing all the issues have been anticipated and addressed
Our team is up-to-date on all the latest legal trends and developments for private clients, which means we can help you identify and resolve issues before they cause you any concern.
A personal relationship and accessibility
We regularly travel throughout Queensland and Australia to meet with clients and their other advisers, to ensure we can build a strong relationship with you and develop a clear understanding of your needs.
If you are seeking support to grow and protect your business, wealth and personal interests, please contact one of our team. We also invite you to visit our publications and resource centre or read more in our helpful private client fact sheets below.
Our services for private clients
Our team of specialists can cover all aspects of your personal legal needs and business legal requirements including those outlined below.
Personal legal services
Business legal services
- Competition and consumer law
- Compliance and corporate governance
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Customs law
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Intellectual property and technology
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Native title and cultural heritage
- Personal Property Securities
- Planning and environment
- Professional liability
- Property law and real estate
- Workplace relations and safety
Services tailored to your business and industry sector
Resources for private clients
Business and commercial
The following business and commercial fact sheets provide insights into different business structures and agreements. We also outline our approach to business succession plans and agreements:
Our estate administration fact sheets and checklists are designed to support executors, administrators and trustees in understanding and carrying out their duties:
A sound estate planning strategy involves more than just a Will. The following fact sheets and checklists address some of the major concerns that can arise in ensuring that your estate planning arrangements are aligned with your personal objectives:
Our superannuation fact sheets deal with a range of matters including SMSF documentation, borrowing within super, and the effects of an enduring power of attorney on your superannuation:
- Limited recourse borrowing arrangements – permitted maintenance, repairs and improvements
- Self-managed superannuation funds and borrowing brochure
- Superannuation – death benefits and binding nominations
- Does your enduring power of attorney protect or expose your superannuation?
- Do your SMSF documents stand up to scrutiny?
The following fact sheets provide information on the different types of trusts and some of the issues we commonly see in trust deeds:
- Do I need a fixed or standard unit trust deed?
- Estate planning – generational transfer trusts
- Negative gearing trusts
- Trusts – different types of trust deeds
- Discretionary trusts – features and operations
- Unit trusts – features and operations
- Checklist for reviewing discretionary trust deeds – what provisions should you look out for?
- Discretionary trusts – who should be the trustee?