Estate planning, business succession and asset protection advice
Our team will provide you with assistance on estate planning and asset protection matters, as well as related revenue and superannuation issues.
The estate experts at Cooper Grace Ward provide commercially focused advice on estate planning, business succession and asset protection matters.
Our estates team works alongside our tax, superannuation and estate administration and disputes team to provide our clients and their advisers with expert advice in all legal aspects of their estate planning.
Commercially focused estate planning
Our philosophy is to work together with our clients and their accountants, financial planners and other advisers to create an estate planning strategy.
We provide innovative, commercially focused estate planning advice and documentation, including:
- Wills with testamentary trusts
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- risk management advice and strategies to protect estate assets from potential disputes
- strategies to minimise estate assets
- succession of estate assets in blended families
- protection for children with special needs
- strategies to deal with superannuation assets in the event of death
- succession planning for rural landholders
- business succession and shareholder arrangements
- strategies to transfer control of trustee and trading companies independently of a Will
- use of generational and direct descendant trusts to ‘lock in’ control of a trust after death
- trust planning strategies (for duty exemptions)
- gift and loan back strategies to shift value out of clients’ estates to related trusts.