Adelaide is an associate in our corporate and commercial team with wide ranging experience in transactional and corporate advisory work such as complex mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance advice, shareholder issues and agreements and business sale and share sale transactions.
Adelaide also regularly assists clients with matters related to trade mark registration and protection, intellectual property ownership and licensing, technology, privacy, competition and consumer laws and the establishment and operation of not-for-profit and charitable organisations (and related tax advice).
Corporate and commercial
- Advising on and settling complex mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising on corporate governance and structuring.
- Preparing and negotiating stakeholder agreements and share and business sale agreements.
- Advising on competition and consumer law issues.
- Advising on a wide range of commercial agreements.
- Advising and presenting to clients on trade marks and various intellectual property law matters such as ownership of IP, licences to use and develop intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- Advising on and successfully registering trade marks and overcoming adverse reports issued by IP Australia.
Not for profit and charities
- Advising charities and not-for-profit organisations on a broad range of issues such as appropriate structures, eligibility for tax concessions, exemptions and deductible gift recipient (DGR) status, grants, agreements with third party organisations and fundraising compliance.
- Preparing applications for a wide array of organisations to be registered as charities with the ACNC and endorsed for tax concessions and DGR status with the ATO.
- Preparing overseas governance policies (such as anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing, anti-corruption, anti-discrimination, child safety and financial risk management policies) to assist Australian charities operating overseas with their compliance requirements.
- Successfully preparing objection and review submissions to assist charities and not-for-profit organisations to appeal decisions of the ATO and the ACNC.
- Advising on and presenting to clients across a variety of industries on privacy law compliance and cyber security.
- Advising and presenting to clients on the mandatory data breach notification scheme.
- Advising on the legal and regulatory implications relevant to blockchain business models and start-ups.
Qualifications, memberships and recognition
Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – Queensland University of Technology
Bachelor of Business – Finance major (Distinction) – Queensland University of Technology
Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – The College of Law
Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
Member – Queensland Law Society