Alexander is an associate in the Commercial and Private Client team at Cooper Grace Ward. He practices in all areas of contentious and non-contentious private client and succession matters.
Alexander provides commercially focused advice about Wills and estate planning, the administration of deceased estates, challenges to deceased estates, superannuation and trusts.
- Advising on succession planning, asset protection, trusts, superannuation and tax minimisation strategies.
- Preparation of simple and complex Wills incorporating testamentary discretionary trusts, life interests and superannuation death benefit nominations.
Estate administration and disputes
- Advising on the validity, interpretation and administration of Wills.
- Advising trustees and personal representatives about their duties and responsibilities.
- Acting for personal representatives and beneficiaries in contentious probate proceedings, lost and informal Will applications, and statutory Will applications.
- Acting for personal representatives and trustees seeking judicial advice.
- Acting for personal representatives defending, and claimants making, family provision claims.
- Acting for trustees (corporate and individuals) and beneficiaries in respect of disputes regarding the administration of self-managed superannuation funds and death benefit payment decisions.
Trusts and equity
- Advising on the establishment and administration of trusts including discretionary trusts, fixed trusts, unit trusts, charitable trusts and special disability trusts (including preparation of deeds and ancillary documents).
- Acting for trustees and beneficiaries in matters relating to the removal of trustees, breach of trust, trustees’ rights and obligations (including disclosure obligations), applications for judicial directions and constructive trusts.
- Advising about estoppel and other equitable actions (i.e. claims relating to broken promises).
Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
Member – Queensland Law Society
Member – Australian Taxation Institute