Andrew Corkhill is a partner in Cooper Grace Ward’s corporate advisory group.
Andrew is an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer who acts for domestic and international clients, with a particular focus on the energy and natural resources sector. Andrew also regularly acts for participants in the alternative fuels, hydrogen development and waste-to-energy sectors.
Before joining Cooper Grace Ward, Andrew worked as a senior counsel for Eni in London, one of the world’s largest oil and gas companies, and at Corrs Chambers Westgarth, where he focused on corporate and energy and natural resources matters. Andrew’s experience also includes secondments with QIC and Senex Energy.
Andrew advises extensively on corporate finance transactions, including large-scale mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate financings. He has extensive strategic and operational experience in the energy and natural resources sector, and regularly advises on joint ventures, transportation, processing, marketing and sales arrangements as well as M&A and farm-outs.
Andrew is recognised in the Doyle’s Guide 2020 list of leading commercial lawyers.
Corporate and commercial
- Advising regularly on high-value mergers & acquisitions, capital raisings, joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements and other collaborative structures across a wide range of sectors.
Energy and resources
- Advising a major international client on the acquisition of a Queensland coal tenement and associated royalty arrangements, together with successfully obtaining FIRB approval in relation to the transactions
- Advising a significant ASX-listed oil & gas company on various regulatory approvals in relation to its project development activities
- Advising an ASX-listed copper producer on regulatory and operational issues, together with strategic corporate financing and offtake transactions
- Advising a major Australian energy sector participant on its refinery operations and joint venture arrangements
- Advising an ASX-listed oil & gas company on the restructure of its joint venture arrangements for a producing field
- Advising an ASX-listed oil & gas company on pipeline transportation arrangements
- Advising an international oil & gas company on multiple high-value cross-border acquisitions and divestments
- Advising an international oil & gas company on its upstream E&P activities in Northern Europe
- Advising a private company on a cornerstone investment in a cross-border mining project
- Advising on power purchase agreements and connection agreements in the electricity and renewables sectors
- Advising on alternative fuels, hydrogen and waste-to-energy projects in Australia
- Advising supply chain participants on upstream and mining services contracts in Queensland
- Advising on high-value (predominantly borrower-side) corporate debt financings across a number of sectors.
Bachelor of Laws (Hons) – University of Queensland
Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – College of Law
Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance and Investment – Kaplan Professional
Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia
Member – Queensland Law Society
Doyles Guide 2020 – Recommended Lawyer – Commercial Law