As part of Cooper Grace Ward’s commercial team, Clinton advises his clients on an extensive range of commercial and corporate matters, business mergers, acquisitions and sales, tax and structuring issues, self-managed superannuation, asset protection and succession, restructuring and exit strategies.
Clinton’s unique range of expertise enables him to assist his clients with both their personal and business legal issues and to advise through all phases of the business/investment lifecycle – from start up, growth, expansion, transition and exit.
He is passionate about ensuring his clients receive the most accurate, cost effective and commercial advice.
Clinton is an accredited specialist superannuation adviser with the SMSF Association and is a highly sought after speaker who regularly presents at seminars and conferences on a range of topics for the Tax Institute, the Television Education Network, the Queensland Law Society, SMSF Association and Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor – High Court of Australia
- Member – SMSF Association
- SMSF Specialist Adviser – SMSF Association
- QLD State Chapter Committee Member – SMSF Association
- Member – Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Doyle’s Guide Leading Estates & Succession Planning Lawyer Rankings – Queensland, 2018
- Recognised – Lexology Client Choice Award 2020.
- Acted on the sale and purchase of day hospitals, specialist medical groups, medical practices, dental practices and pharmaceutical businesses.
- Advised and assisted clients with the establishment, sale and purchase of numerous accounting, financial planning, mortgage brokering, insurance brokering, investment management businesses and legal practices.
- Providing advice in relation to joint venture and debt funding arrangements.
- Advised clients on the sale of a number of supermarket businesses and related commercial premises.
- Advice and implementation of capital raisings and employee share schemes.
- Specialist advice in relation to the structuring of property development ventures, including the investment by self-managed superannuation funds.
- Providing tax, other revenue and superannuation law advice to a range of private clients and a large number of accounting and financial advice firms, including preparation objections to the ATO and Offices of State Revenue.
- Providing advice to trustees in relation to their obligations and powers under trust deeds, including seeking directions from the Supreme Court.
- Advice to public authorities on:
- procurement and competition issues
- acquisition and disposal of assets (including from/to government owned corporations)
- funding arrangements with the United Kingdom government and local organisations
- provision of health care services to the public
- development of Dubai World Ports
- their constitutions and corporate governance practices
- internal policies and procedures.