Damien is an associate in the insurance team at Cooper Grace Ward. His areas of expertise include workers’ compensation, life insurance/TPD, professional indemnity and litigation and dispute resolution.
Damien has extensive experience across personal injury claims management and advisory work under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 and the Personal Injuries Proceedings Act 2002 regimes, acting for both insurers and self-insurers alike.
Damien frequently advises on indemnity issues under a wide range of insurance policies such as aviation, total and permanent disablement and professional indemnity.
Damien’s experience in a number of areas of insurance law and understanding of both pre-proceedings and litigation processes allows him to provide practical advice to clients.
- Acting for insurers and self-insured clients in all facets of personal injury claims management and advisory work under both the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 and the Personal Injuries Proceedings Act 2002 regimes.
- Appearing in interlocutory applications throughout the litigated process, with and without assistance from counsel.
- Advising on indemnity issues under a wide range of insurance policies including workers’ compensation, total and permanent disablement, aviation and professional indemnity.
- Advising on liability and quantum issues in personal injury matters.
- Dispute resolution including representing parties in mediations and informal negotiations.
- Advising on and representation in litigated matters management in Queensland and Federal jurisdictions.
- Assisting in representation of parties in commissions of inquiry.
- Bachelor of Laws (Second Class Honours) – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – College of Law
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member – Australian Insurance Law Association
- Member – Young Insurance Professionals