Accredited Family Law Specialist Genevieve is a partner in Cooper Grace Ward’s family law team and has nine years’ experience.
Genevieve specialises in all aspects of family law, including parenting and property matters, financial agreements, surrogacy, spousal maintenance and child support issues.
While an experienced court advocate, Genevieve’s focus is on providing clients with practical and strategic advice to assist in the early resolution of matters.
Genevieve has been recommended in Doyle’s Guide to Leading Family & Divorce Lawyers – Brisbane 2016 – 2018.
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland, High Court of Australia
- Accredited Specialist (Family Law)
- Emergent Lawyer of the Year Award – Women Lawyers Association Queensland 2009
- Chair – QLS New and Early Career Lawyers Section (2008-2010)
- Councillor – Queensland Law Society (2009-2013)
- Member – QLS Committee of Management (2009 – current)
- Member – QLS Specialist Accreditation Board (2013 – current)
- Member – QLS Family Law Committee (2009 – current)
- Member – Supreme Court Library Committee (2012 – current)
- Treasurer – Women Lawyers Association of Queensland (2012)
- Member – Family Law Practitioners Association
- Member – Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Volunteer Solicitor – BLEATS (Brisbane Lawyers Educating and Advocating for Tougher Sentences)
- Listed as ‘recommended’ in Leading Family & Divorce Lawyers – Brisbane 2016 – 2018 for Doyle’s Guide
- Advising on complex parenting disputes, with a particular interest assisting parents who are experiencing high conflict.
- Advising on property settlements, including complex settlements involving corporate entities and Trust structures.
- Advising clients in relation to Surrogacy Agreements.
- Advising on property settlements, including settlements involving foreign assets and investments.
- Advising on pre-nuptial financial agreements.
- Advising on financial agreements for parties in de-facto relationships.
- Drafting child support agreements.
- Appearing as advocates for clients in domestic violence proceedings.
- Attending with clients as advocate at mediations and conciliation conferences.
- Appearing in the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court for clients in parenting and property proceedings, including spousal maintenance.
- Advising third parties, including interested third party corporate entities, who have a right of appearance in the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
- Advising in complex property settlements with assets in excess of $100 million.
- Advising in complex parenting disputes involving relocation within and outside of Australia.
- ‘Australian Master Family Law Guide’, CCH Sydney Australia (5th edition) Chapter 3: General Legal Practice Matters; and Chapter 23: Evidence. 2013.
- ‘Australia’s Equal Shared Parental Responsibility provisions explained’, presentation to the Hong Kong Family Law Practitioners Association, March 2012.
- Presentation to College of Law Family Law Masters Students, Child Support and Child Support Agreements, 2012.
- ‘Enforcing Binding Financial Agreements’, QLS Symposium, March 2012.