As a Special Counsel in Cooper Grace Ward’s Commercial-Private Client team, Jodie advises on a range of taxation issues including capital gains tax, duty, payroll tax, Division 7A, GST, and corporate structures and transactions.
Jodie brings over 16 years’ experience in advising clients and professional advisers on various commercial transactions and taxation matters. Jodie is an Accredited Specialist in Tax Law with the Queensland Law Society and a Chartered Tax Adviser.
Prior to joining Cooper Grace Ward, Jodie practiced in a boutique firm providing advice to high net worth individuals and small to medium enterprises in the areas of duty, GST, capital gains tax, Division 7A, payroll tax and commercial law.
- Advising in relation to a wide range of income tax issues, including capital gains and Division 7A
- Advising in relation to Duty and Payroll Tax in Queensland and New South Wales
- Advising in relation to GST with a particular focus on the Management Rights industy
- Providing advice on business & share sales and purchases
- Obtaining Private Binding Rulings
- Providing advice on self managed super funds
- Advising in relation to business sale and purchase transactions
- Advising on shareholder agreements and partnership agreements
- Advising on business structuring options
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Master of Laws (Taxation) – University of New South Wales
- Taxation Law Accredited Specialist (Qld)
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Member – QLS (Queensland Law Society) Revenue Law Committee