As an associate in Cooper Grace Ward’s insurance team, Jonathon has experience investigating and managing workers’ compensation matters across a range of industries under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003, acting for both insurers and self-insurers.
Jonathon joined the insurance team in 2015 and is well versed in both the pre-proceedings and litigation process in defending common law claims.
In addition to insurance litigation, Jonathon volunteers with LawRight and assists underprivileged private clients in relation to residential tenancies, minor civil disputes, administrative law and capacity.
- Acting for insurers and self-insured clients in relation to personal injury claims management and advisory work under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003.
- Advising on liability and quantum issues in complex personal injuries matters.
- Investigating and advising in respect of pure psychiatric claims.
- Drafting statutory reasons for decision.
- Representing parties in alternative dispute resolution including mediations, compulsory conferences and informal negotiations.
Bachelor of Laws (Hons) – Griffith University
Bachelor of Psychological Science – Griffith University
Diploma of Legal Practice – College of Law
Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
Member – Young Insurance Professionals