Leanne is a special counsel in our property, planning and environment team, and advises clients in relation to planning and environment legislation and compliance; infrastructure requirements for developments; environmental legislation and its impact on projects; master planned communities, community title scheme developments, commercial and mixed-use developments; development of environmentally sustainable communities through various initiatives, covenants and codes; acquisition and disposal of large development sites; residential and commercial land sales and purchases including ‘off the plan’ sales.
As a board member of the Urban Development Institute of Australia’s (Queensland) EnviroDevelopment chapter, Leanne is involved in certifying and promoting sustainable developments.
- Bachelor of Laws (first class honours) – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Economics – University of Queensland
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland, High Court of Australia
- Member – Urban Development Institute of Australia (Qld)
- Member – Board of EnviroDevelopment (UDIA)
- Providing strategic front end planning advisory, environmental approval and compliance advisory and development services to a listed property group for their master planned developments in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast.
- Acting for two property groups in relation to infrastructure requirements and infrastructure agreements for their large master planned residential communities in Brisbane.
- Acting for two property groups in relation to master planning and infrastructure requirements for their large residential communities within areas governed by the Economic Development Act 2012 (Qld).
- Providing strategic planning, environmental and infrastructure advice to a property group in relation to their proposed development of Palmview, Sunshine Coast.
- Acting for a property developer in relation to their mixed use developments in Southbank, Nundah and Chermside.
- ‘Who is setting the rules for development into the future’, course content for UDIA (Qld) Professional Property Development Course 2012.
- ‘PAMDA, BCCMA and related legislation – important changes from 1 October 2010 and what we must do now’, Queensland Law Society Property Law Update, presentation for Queensland Law Society, 2011.
- ‘Infrastructure Charging Regime Update’, presentation for UDIA (Qld), 2011.
- ‘Queensland Law Society: Residential Conveyancing and New Sustainable Housing Requirements’, presentation for Queensland Law Society, March 2010.
- ‘Structuring the Deal’ and ‘Legislation Affecting Planning and Development’, course content for UDIA (Qld) Professional Property Development Courses, 2008 to 2011.