As a partner in Cooper Grace Ward’s commercial team, Linda specialises in providing tailored advice and support services to accountants, financial planners and other professional advisers.
Linda provides technical advice on complex tax, capital gains tax (CGT) and fringe benefits tax issues, and acting on business sales and acquisitions to ensure clients achieve commercial and tax effective outcomes.
Prior to joining Cooper Grace Ward, Linda worked as an accountant for 18 years, advising clients on capital gains, business acquisitions, and restructuring, providing her with a unique insight into her current clients’ business environment. She also regularly conducts seminars and training on topics including business structuring, CGT small business concessions and Division 7A issues.
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma of Advanced Taxation – University of New South Wales
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Advising in relation to a wide range of income tax issues, including capital gains and Division 7A issues.
- Advising on structuring of business asset sales and share sales.
- Providing advice on business succession (including bringing key employees into the business).
- Providing advice regarding objections against income tax assessments.
- Advising on payroll tax, fringe benefits tax and duty tax.
- Providing advice in relation to purchase and sale of business assets.
- Advising on share purchase and sale agreements.
- Advising on shareholder agreements.
- Providing structuring advice.