As a special counsel in Cooper Grace Ward’s property, planning and environment team, Meg brings over 20 years’ of experience in providing advice and representation to clients on infrastructure, development and general property matters.
Meg has extensive experience servicing the needs of institutional and property trust clients, private companies and individuals, government and distributor-retailers across a diverse range of projects and properties, and is accustomed to working closely with clients’ engineering, planning, financial and property consultants.
- Advising developer clients generally on infrastructure planning and delivery, funding and charging instruments, across all infrastructure authority networks
- negotiating, drafting and advising on implementing of infrastructure and planning agreements, and ancillary documentation, for example, easement terms, Tankering Agreements, Recycled Water Agreements, Wastewater Treatment plant construction, NBN Agreements, co-owner Shared Works Agreements; Access Agreements (construction and on-going infrastructure management), and response to FOI requests, for major urban developments
- provide developer client advice in relation to on-going administration of PDA Infrastructure Agreements, including sales of developable lots – Ripley Valley and Maroochydore City Centre, and Master Planned Area – Palmview
- review and advise on planning strategies in draft planning instruments, and planning and development legislation and policy generally
- preparing submissions to State and local governments regarding proposed amendments to planning scheme (Moreton Bay – Morayfield South and Warner)
- preparation of overarching PDA Water Infrastructure Agreement and ancillary documentation for distributor-retailer – Maroochydore City Centre
- represent government and private clients on acquisition of school sites, and preparation and negotiation of associated infrastructure agreements
- general advice and representation – drafting and negotiation of developer infrastructure agreements, and water and wastewater agreements for distributor-retailer.
Property and planning
- Acquisition and disposal of development sites, commercial and industrial buildings and retail centres
- development documentation – advice, management and preparation of subdivision and sales (off the plan and registered lots)
- drafting, advising and negotiating large scale agreements for lease and leases
- regulatory advice – property, development and planning, prescribed airspace, liquor licensing.
Bachelor Laws (Honours) – University of New England
Bachelor Economics (Development) – University of New England
Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice – College of Law (NSW)
Admitted to Practice – Supreme Court of NSW and High Court of Australia
Solicitor – NSW (former practising certificate), QLD (current practising certificate)
Member, Queensland Law Society
Former Committee Member, Law Council of Australia’s Property Law Group Committee (APLG) (2013-2017)
Former Committee guest, Queensland Law Society Revenue and Queensland Law Society Property and Development Committees (2013 – 2017)