Michael is a senior associate in our property team. He specialises in large-scale acquisitions and disposals, property development, business sales, commercial and retail leasing, shopping centres, marinas and technical property advice work.
Michael works directly with major property owners and developers, providing pragmatic and clear advice to assist them with the day-to-day management and operation of their portfolios.
In addition to his property expertise, Michael has also gained experience in the fields of insurance, litigation, dispute resolution, personal injury, franchising and commercial law – and had the opportunity to complete a secondment with one of the largest general insurers in Australia, focusing on property disputes. This gives him a unique insight and understanding across a broad range of areas.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor – High Court of Australia
- Member – Future Directions Committee 2021/2022 (Queensland), Property Council of Australia
- Member – Queensland Law Society.
- Advising on the purchase of a major Brisbane shopping centre with over 150 tenants and exceeding $350 million in value
- Acting in respect of the sale of a large South East Queensland master-planned residential community to an ASX-listed company
- Advising on the disposal and acquisition of various inner and outer-Brisbane commercial properties for small and large property developer clients
- Advising on the consolidation of joint ownership interests involving concurrent lease arrangements
- Advising on the acquisition of a regional Queensland hotel business involving complex volumetric titling structure
- Assisting marina operators and shopping centre portfolio owners with day-to-day management matters.