Miranda is a special counsel in Cooper Grace Ward’s litigation and dispute resolution team. Miranda has worked with both large corporate clients and private clients on a wide variety of litigated matters.
Miranda has particular expertise in handling commercial litigation arising from property and contractual disputes. She has a particular interest in property litigation, having experience in working on wide ranging property disputes, including leasing disputes, property sale disputes and disputes involving registered and unregistered interests in land.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology) – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – College of Law
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Working with large organisations on product and liability disputes.
- Representing clients in building and construction litigation with simultaneous litigation in the Supreme Court and the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Representing a large corporation in significant Supreme Court litigation, including a successful appeal to the Court of Appeal.
- Working on complex body corporate disputes, before the Commissioner for Body Corporate and Community Management and the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Experience in representing both plaintiffs and defendants in proceedings in the Supreme, District and Magistrates Court in Queensland, and Federal and interstate courts.
- Acting for both large corporate clients and businesses in contested and uncontested debt recovery proceedings.
- Experienced in enforcing judgments, including bankruptcy and winding-up proceedings.
Alternative dispute resolution:
- Representing clients at settlement conferences and mediations to achieve a commercial resolution to their disputes.
- Working with clients to negotiate early resolution and settlements to their disputes.