Neil is a partner in the property, planning and environment team at Cooper Grace Ward and advises a wide range of property owners and tenants on the acquisition, disposal, leasing and development of residential, commercial, retail and industrial properties.
Neil’s clients include public and private corporations, institutions, investors, developers, landlords and major tenants.
Neil has been involved in landmark Queensland property transactions, including the acquisition and disposal of properties with individual sale values in excess of $370 million.
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Commerce – University of Queensland
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia
- Doyles Guide 2019- Recommended Lawyer – Property Law
- Doyles Guide 2020 – Recommended Lawyer – Leasing Law
- Best Lawyers Australia (2020, 2021) – Leasing Law
- Acting for a major investment institution providing management advice and handling lease documentation for 11 Brisbane CBD commercial office buildings.
- Acting for an ASX listed food industry company in its leasing requirements for retail premises throughout Australia and New Zealand providing comprehensive leasing advice and documentation.
- Acted for an industry-leading express freight and logistics business in property transactions, including leasing of major regional logistics depots.
- Acting for one of the world’s leading building and construction materials companies in their property transactions, including the acquisition of properties (including quarries), heads of agreements and memorandums of understanding with land owners in relation to supply contracts, joint venture arrangements and lease and licensing transactions.
- Acting for a property investor with an office building, development land and motor vehicle dealership property portfolio. This work involves acquisitions, the redevelopment of sites, leases and agreements for lease as well as providing strategic property transaction and management advice.
- Acted for the owner of a major CBD shopping centre owner in the purchase and later sale of the centre comprising over 220 tenancies and providing management advice and handling all lease documentation during the period of ownership. When the property was acquired, the purchase was Australia’s largest single property transaction of that year.
- Acting for the purchaser of several regional shopping centres on the Sunshine Coast. This work also involves providing management advice and all leasing documentation for the centres.