As a special counsel in Cooper Grace Ward’s commercial team, Rosalie draws on more than 15 years of legal experience, including 11 years of specialist taxation experience, for the benefit of our clients.
Rosalie advises on stamp duty Australia wide, as well as on income tax, GST, fringe benefits tax, land tax, payroll tax and superannuation matters. She acts for listed entities, large private groups, high net worth individuals, accountants, financial planners, government owned corporations, charities and not-for-profit entities. She has in‑depth experience in a number of industry sectors across Australia, particularly the energy and resources and property sectors.
Rosalie joined Cooper Grace Ward from PwC, where she advised on stamp duty implications of complex multi‑jurisdictional transactions involving acquisitions, disposals and reorganisations. Her experience also includes five years at Ashurst advising multinational clients on the taxation of mergers and acquisitions, securitisation, and cross border arrangements and employment taxes. She also has extensive experience as a trusted adviser to accountants, financial planners and their clients, including in her three years at HopgoodGanim.
Outside of work, Rosalie is an accomplished ski instructor and has travelled extensively.
- Acting for a diverse range of clients in relation to stamp duty, income tax (including capital gains tax), GST, fringe benefits tax, land tax and payroll tax.
- Advising on the stamp duty implications of complex multi-jurisdictional transactions involving asset and share sales, acquisitions, disposals and reorganisations.
- Advising on employment taxes including the taxation treatment of termination payments, redundancy and withholding taxes.
- Providing strategic advice to clients, preparing submissions to the relevant revenue offices, drafting objections and liaising with counsel on matters as required.
- Acting for charities and not-for-profit organisations on governance issues as well as their dealings with the ACNC, the ATO and the OSR.
- Delivering training and workshops on tax and stamp duty issues, including risks and reforms, at industry conferences and seminars for the Tax Institute and other external training providers.
Bachelor of Laws – Monash University
Master of Taxation – Monash University
Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland, Supreme Court of Victoria and High Court of Australia
State Councillor – The Tax Institute (Qld)
Chartered Tax Adviser
Chair, Queensland State Taxes Committee – The Tax Institute
Member – Law Council of Australia – Business Law (Taxation) Committee
Member – Queensland Law Society Revenue Committee