Sandra provides advice and assistance to clients with regard to all aspects of employment, industrial law and safety. As an associate in Cooper Grace Ward’s workplace relations and safety team, Sandra advises a range of clients across various industries on issues such as compliance and duties under workplace health and safety legislation; unlawful discrimination and sexual harassment; the operation of employment contracts and restraint of trade provisions; independent contractor and employee distinctions; award and enterprise agreement applicability and provisions; dismissal risks and strategies; management of ill and injured employees; workers’ compensation claims; and general protections claims.
Sandra is experienced in preparing employment and independent contractor agreements, letters of offer, deeds of settlement and release and workplace policies. She also has extensive experience with conducting workplace investigations, defending unfair and unlawful dismissal, general protections, workers’ compensation, workplace, health and safety, discrimination and harassment matters.
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member – Industrial Relations Society of Queensland.
- Undertaking workplace investigations for clients concerning allegations of harassment, bullying and other employee misconduct;
- Providing clients with advice in response to unfair dismissal and adverse action claims;
- Drafting and assisting clients with the implementation of employment contracts, contractor agreements, policies and other employment documents;
- Assisting clients in relation to industrial activity, right of entry and other disputes;
- Assisting a road transport client in litigation in the Road Safety Remuneration Tribunal and Federal Court;
- Advising clients in relation to risks of discrimination or adverse action claims and defending claims when they arise;
- Providing clients with advice in relation to the termination of employees, including redundancy and disciplinary matters;
- Assisting a client in defending discrimination proceedings in the Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland and the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission;
- Assisting a client in bringing discrimination proceedings on the basis of sex in the Australian Human Rights Commission and the Federal Court; and
- Providing advice to clients on casual employment arrangements and the engagement of casual employees.