As a senior associate in Cooper Grace Ward’s commercial team, Steven provides clients with key estate planning and succession planning advice as well as broader transaction-based commercial legal services.
Prior to joining the team at Cooper Grace Ward in 2018, Steven practised in Melbourne delivering sophisticated estate planning and commercial solutions to high net worth, high-profile and business clients.
Steven uses his experience to take a proactive approach to the implementation of various strategies and structures aimed at the intergenerational transfer of wealth and the mitigation of potential litigation risks as well as providing commercially viable solutions to business clients.
- Tailored legal advice to high net worth, high-profile and business clients to ensure efficient and effective generational wealth transfer including the consideration of succession planning, asset protection, complex commercial arrangements, trusts, superannuation and tax minimisation strategies.
- Preparation of simple and complex Wills incorporating testamentary discretionary trusts, capital preserved trusts, special disability trusts, life interests and superannuation death benefit nominations.
- Advising on the implementation and variation of appropriate structures for personal wealth management and intergenerational wealth transfer including preparation and implementation of asset protection strategies.
- Draft, review and negotiate complex commercial agreements including stakeholder agreements incorporating buy/sell arrangements, share sale agreements and company constitutions.
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours – Victoria University
- Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance) – Victoria University
- Australian Lawyer – Supreme Court of Victoria
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland